Hohl Industrial Services Inc. was founded in Buffalo, NY in the 1950s as a supplier of material handling equipment and systems. From the beginning, our philosophy was to always find a better way to help our clients meet their project goals. We soon began to install the equipment we supplied, as well as other client-owned machinery and systems. As Hohl Industrial Services Inc. evolved into a full service equipment provider, the company experienced steady growth from the ’70s and ’80s into the ’90s. In the late 1990s, under the leadership of David Hohl as president and CEO, the company began its transformation into one of the premier industrial contractors in North America. Mr. Hohl led the company with a vision, a strategic plan and a relentless drive to see it all through. Highlights of our exceptional growth include:
- Moving our Buffalo operations to an 18-acre site complete with 75,000 square foot shop services, rail siding, and a spacious equipment yard and laydown area.
- Purchasing Gibraltar Industrial Services (GIS), gaining new clients, additional equipment and experienced staff.
- Adding a warehouse on the Niagara River complete with a functional port.
- Becoming ISO 9001-2008 Certified and integrating continuous improvement process throughout the company.
- Achieving AISC Certification
- Purchasing ALLEN MARINE SERVICES, adding diving and marine construction services with one of the most experienced marine service teams in the region.
- Introducing DESIGN BUILD and General Construction Services for equipment intensive projects.
- Working in almost every state east of the Mississippi River, and performing some of the most significant industrial construction projects in the Great Lakes region.